I’ve often heard that life is about the journey, not the destination. This grassroots campaign for the Oprah Winfrey network has really driven that message home for me. I have learned so much about myself, my wonderful group of friends and family, and even strangers I met along the campaign trail from Portland to Nashville, Illinois to Wisconsin, Atlanta, and back home again. I’ve received many gifts from this process. Here are a few I’d like to pay forward to you.
1. Say YES to the still small voice of inspiration. You don’t have to know HOW to do it all. Just take one step at a time. All will be revealed to you, just when you need to know what to do next.
2. Those little butterflies in your stomach or trying to tell you something. Listen.
3. When your vision is greater than yourself, and your mission is about serving the greater good, you will be amazed at how much support you will be given, sometimes from the most unexpected people and places.
4. It’s not about you. It’s about that which is working through you. What is trying to happen through your Life right now?
5. You have more support right now, in this very moment, than you might know. There is a fan club just for YOU, cheering you on to success. I had no idea how many people would show up on my behalf for this campaign until I said YES to the opportunity. When you say YES, you’ll be amazed by how many people want to help you. Count me in!
6. You have all of the tools and resources you need RIGHT NOW to get started. If you don’t see it, get quiet, go within and listen for inspiration. It WILL come. It always does, when we make room to hear.
7. There is no way to fail by saying YES to Life.
Two weeks ago I knew I had already won this contest, regardless of the actual outcome. The lessons I’ve learned along the way about connecting with my Life’s purpose, and reaching out to connect with you, have been invaluable lessons that I will carry with me the rest of my days.
I have seen a greater vision for my life that goes beyond any television or radio show. That vision is to be of service through what ever means are available to me. THANK YOU for being part of the village that has helped me awaken to this new chapter in my life. I am grateful beyond description.
There are 3 more days left in the voting process for this contest! I have truly released any attachment to the outcome, knowing that this journey has been perfect for my development, and in building OUR relationship. At 9:29 this morning, Pacific Time, we had 596,728 votes, in 33rd place out of 9,504 video entries! That’s a beautiful accomplishment. YOU Rock!! THANK YOU!
Wouldn’t it be fun to see, just for the fun of it, how many votes we can get by July 4th, when the voting period ends? Are you up for a few more days of intentional voting? It can be a powerful affirmation to redirect the energy in a visualization for your own desires. Each time you click the mouse, say YES to a dream you’ve been creating. And please let us know how we can best support YOUR dream.
May this day bring you inspiration, validation, and celebration!
P.S. I am feeling SO much better from the accident. All is well.